Review: Syncing from testing a success?

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 10 10:23:18 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 12:23:58AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > As upstream maintainer of a couple of packages, I must say I'm rather
> > unhappy that I see outdated versions currently in pipe for Lucid, namely
> [bogofilter]

 Looking at the version in unstable, it seems for bofogilter we're about
 to be able to drop the Ubuntu packaging changes with the next merge,
 but the packaging changes in unstable are large and numerous, so it's
 not a trivial merge; I'd prefer deferring this merge to post-lucid.  I
 would agree that we should try to get the new upstream release fixing
 LP #320829 in Ubuntu though.

 I pushed the new upstream release to my PPA (ppa:lool) and it seemed to
 be safe and bugfix only, so I don't think it needs a FFE (I looked at
 the relatively large diff but the actual changes are small), but I'm
 not actually using bogofilter myself, it's pulled on my system because
 evolution depends on it -- I would prefer if someone else would test
 the new package before I upload it.  Please ping me if you do!

--
Loïc Minier