UEC/Eucalyptus installation test: 20090927.1

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sun Sep 27 20:16:06 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 07:43:40PM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Next steps:
>
> - Confirm MANAGED-NOVLAN configuration of the NC (I don't have the
>   appropriate virtual networking set up to test the node install yet)

I've asked Thierry to check this.

> - Get auto-registration of CC/SC/Walrus working

Problems I see so far:

 * eucalyptus-cc is started before eucalyptus-cloud in the rc.d order.
   Shouldn't this be the other way around?

 * None of the scripts seem to wait for the service to come up before moving
   on, so the ordering won't help much until that's fixed

The actual mechanics of registration seem to work fine, as evidenced by the
fact that it works when run manually.  I think that once the ordering
problems are fixed, this will work OK.

--
 - mdz