today's UEC report

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sat Oct 3 11:22:31 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:09:47PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at canonical.com> wrote:
> > So today was an extraordinarily frustrating day testing UEC  :-/
> > I tried for several hours to work around this issue, but couldn't.
>
> So I moved on from this to an attempt to merge the latest Eucalyptus
> 1.6 and all of its bug fixes to Karmic.
>
> I have push the result to:
>  * lp:~kirkland/eucalyptus/r908

Good work on this, it looks good to me.  Generally, I would hope to see more
detail in the changelog regarding the bugs which were fixed, though I
realize in this case that we don't have the data in all cases.

> And uploaded to my ppa:
>  * https://edge.launchpad.net/~kirkland/+ppa-packages

I'll give these a try.

> I plan on continuing this work with Thierry and Dan on Monday, but any
> additional eyes would be appreciated.  Note that I have never merged
> Eucalyptus before, so I had to wing a few things (like creating the
> orig.tar.gz).  I have not tested this yet, but the build succeeded
> locally, so I pushed to the PPA for wider testing as soon as possible,
> prior to uploading to Karmic.

How did you go about creating the .orig.tar.gz?

It looks like perhaps we should add a 'get-orig-source' rule to debian/rules
so that bzr builddeb simply does the right thing.

--
 - mdz