today's UEC report

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sat Oct 3 16:21:27 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:22:31AM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:09:47PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> > And uploaded to my ppa:
> >  * https://edge.launchpad.net/~kirkland/+ppa-packages
>
> I'll give these a try.

In order to test the fresh install case, I:

- upgraded my KVM image to the latest server bits, including the fixed upstart
- purged eucalyptus
- diverted /sbin/start and /sbin/restart
- installed your packages
- rebooted

The walrus and cc were successfully registered (with the LAN IP address)
after a bit of churning.  The SC, however, took a full minute longer and
several retries before it finally registered.

The resulting setup looks correct in the admin console.  I haven't tried
setting up a node controller and starting instances yet.

Two strange things happened:

- It looks as if SC registration succeeded, then failed several times, then
  succeeded again

- After they were successfully registered, it looks like CC and Walrus
  registration were attempted a second time and failed

The registration logs are attached.

--
 - mdz