Keyring password (Re: Installation report for UNR 20090324 on Acer Aspire One)

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 24 15:13:26 GMT 2009

Le mardi 24 mars 2009 à 14:02 +0000, Matt Zimmerman a écrit :

> I have an 8.10 system where the keyring password and login password
> seem to
> be out of sync, and I haven't worked out how to fix it.  I assume
> something
> is supposed to keep them in sync?

Not right now, libpam-gnome-keyring can be used to sync the
gnome-keyring password when using passwd too but that's not set up in
ubuntu currently (there is a request on launchpad about that and I tried
to get somebody who has a clue about pam to look at how reasonable that
would be or if that could create other issues but got no reply). You can
use seahorse to change manually your gnome-keyring password though

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher