Server Team 20080923 meeting minutes

Mathias Gug mathiaz at
Wed Sep 24 20:43:41 BST 2008


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== Ubuntu vm builder ====

soren published a post[1] about his work on the vm-builder package. nijaba is
working on updating his JeOS tutorial to use vm-builder. sommer mentioned that
he planned to add a note about xen support in the virtulization section of the
Ubuntu Server Guide.

ACTION: sommer to update the virtulization section with a reference to xen in


==== Review ServerGuide for Intrepid ====

kirkland reviewed the  RAID section of the Server Guide. A section about
tomcat has also been added based on the work from Koon. sommer asked what the
security question in the installer was exactly doing. No one had a definite

ACTION: mathiaz to review the ldap section of the server guide

ACTION: sommer to look into the security updates part of the installer to
figure out what it does exactly and document it

==== nagios3 in main ====

Koon hadn't had time to ask an archive admin to look into the issue. mathiaz
suggested to file a bug explaining why nagios3 didn't need a MIR and ask
ubuntu-mir to approve it. Once done, the server-ship seed can be fixed.

ACTION: Koon to file a bug explaining the state of nagios3, subscribe ubuntu-
mir to it and get approved

ACTION: mathiaz to update the server-ship to use nagios3 instead of nagios2

====  Beta Freeze ====

mathiaz reminded that BetaFreeze is coming this Thursday in preparation for
the Release of 8.10 Beta next week. Helping out with iso testing is welcomed.
Coordination is done in #ubuntu-testing and on the Iso testing tracker[2].


==== Ubuntu Server survey ====

nijaba announced that the Ubuntu Server was ready to be launched on Wednesday,
September the 24th. Canonical will issue a press release and the Ubuntu
marketing team should help to get the word out.

==== Ebox ====

wst reported that ebox is currently broken in intrepid. mathiaz pointed him to
the ebox PPA[3].


==== Encrypted directory install step during the server install ====

kirkland mentioned the ongoing thread on the ubuntu-server@ mailing list[4]
about the usefulness of the Encrypted directories setup step in the server
install. Discussion is still going on and feedback is welcomed.


==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 30th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-

Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list