email format change : upload notifications

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 23 12:22:12 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 08:30:34PM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Muharem Hrnjadovic wrote:
> > I just wanted to remind you that the email format change for upload
> > notifications (please see
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/250820 for details) is one of
> > the 2.1.9 Soyuz features that will be rolled out tonight if all goes
> > well.
>
> BTW, since you are changing the format, would it be possible to also fix bug
> 55795, possibly by keeping Changed-By to the person listen in the Debian
> changelog, and adding a Synced-By field?

At the moment Soyuz only knows that an upload is a sync because it
arrives in the special sync queue (which basically just means that the
.changes gets to be unsigned). I don't think a mail format change will
help with that, although I suppose we could change sync-source.py to
generate a Synced-By header which could then be exposed in the mail.

It doesn't really seem to fit naturally into this work, though, and I'm
reluctant to advise ad-hoc solutions to it since doing that would
probably also involve Launchpad database changes which are hard to do on
an ad-hoc basis. This will surely be much easier to fix when the planned
work lands to enable us to perform syncs simply by copying publishing
records from an import of the Debian archive (which would also allow us
to offer syncs as an operation that any uploader can do through the web
UI).