should people.ubuntu.com be people.canonical.com

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 17 15:48:17 BST 2007

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:

> Seconded as well. Having a powerful system where Ubuntu developers could
> run cron jobs would really be helpful. tiber.tauware.de used to be that
> machine, but it's not available anymore (AFAIK).

tiber used to be a machine of the "sponsored loco servers" "pool". Since
the last security incident it has been shut down. I have been told that
there was some 'community server admin team' to be formed for the loco
servers, but when I asked in #canoical-sysadmin, I haven't read any
updates on that (yet?).

ATM, the only developer machines where all ubuntu developers can log in
is sparky.ubuntuwire.com. That's the machine where revu is currently
running on, btw.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4