should people.ubuntu.com be people.canonical.com

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Mon Sep 17 10:23:52 BST 2007

On 17/09/07 at 08:10 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17/09/2007, Jordan Mantha <mantha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > So one of my pet peeves in the community since I first started has
> > been that people.ubuntu.com accounts are only for Canonical employees
> > (as far as I'm aware). Since a large majority of Ubuntu developers are
> > volunteers and not Canonical employees it seems quite odd and
> > exclusionary to have a URL like people.ubuntu.com only for the
> > employees.
>
> I agree. Thanks for raising this, I definitely think we should clarify
> it. As for which solution is adopted, that doesn't depend on us, it's
> a decision for Canonical. For me either would work.

Seconded as well. Having a powerful system where Ubuntu developers could
run cron jobs would really be helpful. tiber.tauware.de used to be that
machine, but it's not available anymore (AFAIK).
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |