Apport hooks (Re: The changing nature of bug reports)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 14 09:45:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

Matt Zimmerman [2007-02-13  9:22 -0800]:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 11:15:04AM -0600, David Farning wrote:
> > When a bug is reported a triager could request that the reporter
> >
> > "please run 'apport-bugreport firefox' and attach the resulting file to
> > this bug report"
>
> Attaching this information as a single blob isn't ideal, but perhaps it
> would be sufficient for your immediate needs, and would be straightforward
> to implement.

I just talked to Bjorn about it, getting this to work the right way
shouldn't be too hard. I filed a bug about it:

  https://launchpad.net/malone/+bug/85040

> Note that Firefox needs to be updated to add this menu item, as it doesn't
> share the common infrastructure for Launchpad integration.

Indeed, https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/85041

I still need to develop the UI agnostic apport-{qt,gtk} wrapper in
/usr/bin for this feature, I'll add it to the next apport upload
(after herd-4, though).

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de