Strawman: merge main and universe

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 16 21:05:40 GMT 2007

Scott James Remnant [2007-12-14  0:31 +0000]:
> Adding a build-dependency on a package in universe inherently drags it
> into main, subject to archive admin approval.  I imagine we'd just use
> exactly the same system, except instead of moving packages around on the
> FTP site, simply doing bzr commits on the seeds.

Those wouldn't be seeds any more, though, but a fully expanded list of
packages. That's very invonvenient especially for libraries which
change SONAMEs very often, relatively uninteresting build
dependencies, etc. This would be a maintenance burden.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de