How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?

Scott Dier dieman at ringworld.org
Wed Sep 20 15:27:32 BST 2006

We've seen very few Core Duo machines purchased, however.  Most of our
Dell desktops have ended up being Pentium D instead.  I expect nearly
everything we purchase for the most part in the next 6 months to be
Core2 Duo and the upcoming quad-core proc.

Laptops are another matter, and most of those have been Pentium M, Core
Duo, etc.  Core2 Duo should be one of the first intel 64 bit procs to be
seen widespread on laptops.

Thanks,

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org>