Compiz integration

Soren Hansen sh at linux2go.dk
Wed Sep 13 22:51:49 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 11:13:29PM +0200, Fabio Berta wrote:
> Quinn mentioned that one reason gconf was dropped were the gnome
> dependencies. But aren't we talking about ubuntu here? Standard
> desktop is gnome. You don't remove gconf from metacity because it has
> gnome dependencies, do you? Same goes for compiz, if it is used with
> gnome, which it is in ubuntu, gconf is the best option.

I disagree. Making things easier if you choose to use GNOME is fine, but
to force people to use GNOME to get access to nifty stuff like compiz
when there's a way to avoid that sort of lock-in is not ok.

Also, don't forget about Kubuntu and even Xubuntu.

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |