Compiz integration

Fabio Berta fabio at berta.ch
Wed Sep 13 22:13:29 BST 2006

Well, the problem is, this should have happened from the beginnning! Now
we're stuck with two different code basis, of course it is hard and time
consuming to combine them, but I think it's worth the time if the only
other option is to officially fork...
Quinn mentioned that one reason gconf was dropped were the gnome
dependencies. But aren't we talking about ubuntu here? Standard desktop
is gnome. You don't remove gconf from metacity because it has gnome
dependencies, do you? Same goes for compiz, if it is used with gnome,
which it is in ubuntu, gconf is the best option.