upstart -- call for wider testing

Johan Kiviniemi ubuntu.com-devel at johan.kiviniemi.name
Wed Sep 6 21:06:45 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:43:53AM -0700, Constantine Evans wrote:
> It doesn't appear that upstart tells me what it is doing at all - I
> only see the output of various tasks (fsck, etc).

> In addition, the login prompt, as has been noted before, comes up very
> early (before / is mounted rw, and before /home is mounted).

All that will be fixed by 1) implementing the upstart logd and 2)
migrating essential things from rcS to upstart jobs (after which, the
tty* jobs can be made start on a suitable event from them instead of
just "startup").

> If not implemented, is someone going to be working on fixing it in the
> near future, or do I need to fix it myself?

Yes, it's being worked on, and you're welcome to help. :-)

There's an [1]upstart development mailing list and an IRC channel:
#upstart at Freenode.