embedded ubuntu?

Edjard Mota edjard.mota at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:16:55 BST 2006

Hi,

I am getting back to this topic. I worked with Lizardo at UBZ and gave my
first 2 cents to the specs. Now I am free from company pressure (back to
university environemt :)), I would like to get hands back on it and would
be more than pleased to help in the orgnization (while Lizardo is still
busy with college stuffs).

I can also try using crosstool since in my previous work experience I
tried to build using both crosstool and scracthbox.

Cherio,
Edjard

On 7/19/06, Itzhak Ben-Akiva <benakiva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm very interested in contributing to the develoment of an Embedded
> Ubuntu. I'm eager to have Ubuntu running on my iPAQ.
>
> So, how things are being organized? Who's in charge of what? How can I
> contribute?
>
> cheers,
> Itzhak
>

> On 7/19/06, Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > On 5:52:06 pm 18/07/2006 "Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> > > If so, that's arguably simply a problem in the debian/ubuntu build
> > > system.  One can imagine a fully-cross-built debian/ubuntu.
> >
> > I did a bit of work on Intimate for a while (
> > http://intimate.handhelds.org
> > - Debian for ARM) and we found that we couldn't cross-compile
> > everything,
> > some things needed to be built on an ARM machine, but that's not a
> > problem
> > because Debian has ARM package builders (although for armv3, where
> > things
> > like the iPAQ - our target platform - were v4).
> >
> > Also there was the small issue of Debian being utterly pointless on a
> > PDA,
> > but I guess it depends what you want to put it on and use it for :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > ---
> > Chris Jones
> >   cmsj at tenshu.net
> >   www.tenshu.net
> >

> > --

"In a world without fences who needs Gates"