Ati Radeon Mobility LY M6 and Xorg 7.1

olivier blanc olivier.blanc at dgi.finances.gouv.fr
Fri Sep 1 16:49:26 BST 2006

Rodrigo,
Le vendredi 01 septembre 2006 à 12:31 -0300, Rodrigo Parra Novo a
écrit :
>    Olivier,
>
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 16:57 +0200, olivier blanc wrote:
> > My video chipset Ati Radeon Mobility LY M6 is not supported by the fglrx
> > driver (ati proprietary driver) and Xorg does not want to load Ubuntu
> > ATI driver for it's ABI relase major number is 1 and ATI driver is 0
>
>    When did you upgraded to Edgy? The closed source 'fglrx' driver was
> updated to work with X.Org 7.1 early this week.

I did that upgrade yesterday.

>    The open source 'ati' driver (do not confuse with closed source
> 'fglrx') is already compatible with X.Org 7.1, and works with the video
> chipset described above. If it doesn't works on your configuration (and
> you *really* are using this driver), this is a bug, and you should open
> a bug on LaunchPad, if possible.

I tried both with and without fglrx driver. Without it, with both radeon
or ati xorg driver, the xorg server answered that It could not start as
the ATI/Radeon drivers wont load : ABI major number (set to 0) for the
video driver is different as Xorg ABI major number (set to 1).
The symptoms are close to what's described in
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-rc@lists.debian.org/msg68280.html

Regards,

olivier
--
Olivier Blanc
Minefi - Bureau SI4/Dap3 - +33 240 128 909
olivier.blanc at dgi.finances.gouv.fr