[OT] better spam control on fiordland?

Ante Karamatić ivoks at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 22 08:25:30 BST 2006

I'm not sure this could be a spec or if this is related with development
of Ubuntu in a way other topics on this list are. But...

Can we tighten antispam on fiordland? I don't know what's beening done
ATM, but I can tell that results aren't that good. Looking at headers in
spam I get, implementing graylisting could help a lot.

Some messages could be stoped with some tweeks in postfix
(reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, etc).

Pros: This would kill most of the SPAM (not all, but most of it), would
help in promoting postgrey to main, it would lower load on fiordland

Cons: first messages would have delay (there's an option of whitelisting
for VIPs :)

If help or advice is needed, please contact me. I've done this lots of
times; it works great.

--
Ante Karamatić <ivoks at ubuntu.com>