Repeat question

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Oct 20 19:44:05 BST 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 23:07, you wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 October 2006 10:14, Colin Watson wrote:
> >> kdm itself doesn't seem to add that, but perhaps some KDE configuration
> >> utility does.
> > kde-guidance. It has a configuration utility for X. And according to the
> > database (Cards+) that it relies on, it adds the "XaaNoPixmapCache" option
> > for exactly to chips:
> Thanks, Simon, this is exactly what I was asking about.  I will add it for
> the Neographic chipset I have been having trouble with on my old Sony
> Vaio.

> Are the two maintainers aware of each other - that is, the xserver-xorg
> one and the kde-guidance?

I'm aware that xserver-xorg does this kind of thing; but I wasn't planning on
rewriting the xorg scripts. And the xorg maintain _might_ be aware that
kde-guidance exists. I vaguely remember saying on this list once that
kde-guidance had this kind of functionality.

> It would make sense for them to agree on how
> the boards should be configured.

It would make even more sense if the xorg scripts where replaced with the
Python code in kde-guidance. One less code base, and I hear that the xorg
scripts are already a bit on the old side.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/