How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?

Kilz _ kilzzz at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:28:44 BST 2006

>From: Soren Hansen <sh at linux2go.dk>
>To: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
>Subject: Re: How long will 64bit Ubuntu users have to wait?
>Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:52:53 +0200
>
>On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:47:42PM -0500, Kilz _ wrote:
> > >I answered this very early in the thread.  There is no plan to
> > >implement multiarch in Ubuntu at the present time.  Circumstances
> > >could potentially arise which would change that situation, but until
> > >then, it is not on the roadmap.
> > Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it was just not being put in
> > Edgy.  I was unaware that there was no plan to ever add it. That is
> > truly sad.
>
>It seems that you fail to understand that "There is currently no plan to
>add it" is not the same as "The plan is to never add it". It's simple
>boolean logic.

Are you telling me there is no plan other than the present development?
There is no roadmap as to what may be added in Edgy +1, +2, or +3? To me
that would point to a lack of planing and doing as little as possible.
Secondly the question was because of what I found. As this specification
lists multiarch in a roadmap.
https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/edgy-toolchain-roadmap