Non-opensource drivers

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Mon Nov 27 12:02:56 GMT 2006

Just to add my €0.02, I would love an option to disable the restricted
part altogether.

In my case, I have a powerful machine with nVidia chipset, and want
everything to Just Work, including bling, because that's the point of
the machine.

But I also have this old laptop as a server, and would really like it
to be entirely free.

So I would really like to have the choice:
- be entirely free at the risk of having non-working devices
- be as free as possible, but make some compromises to have a working system
- have a full-featured system at the risk of not being free

This would call for two options, whether enabled or not by default.

Hervé.