CUbuntu

Kenny Duffus kenny at duffus.org
Wed Jun 21 13:56:39 BST 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 12:12, Victor Polukcht wrote:
> Yes. I'm talking about some software that will allow me to create
> linux-based local networks with central desktop management.
> Each boot computer gets policy from some server and apply it.
>
> For example i should be allowed to restrict wallpaper change, or mounting
> flash drives. And so on.

you can do a lot of that in KDE with kiosktool
(http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kiosktool/), or rather you can if you enable
the root account see
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/kiosktool/+bug/6306 (not
intended to be a moan about this bug)

of course the config files generated by kiosktool can just be copied to the
new machines you don't actually need to run it on each if you don't want to

--

	Kenny