warty-, hoary-, breezy-, dapper- and edgy-changes RSS feeds moved
dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Tue Jun 20 20:12:00 BST 2006
As promised before, I've been improving the changelog2rss script from a
kludgy hack to something that actually works pretty decent and does the
In the mean time I've also been busy moving ubuntulinux.nl/ubuntu-nl.org
to django, which means that the RSS feeds had to be moved.
The new and improved RSS feeds can be found on
For the time being, the old RSS feeds will display a notice that they
have been discontinued and moved. Sorry for the inconvenience and enjoy
the new & improved feeds.
For the interested people, here are the improvements:
* Better algorithm for formatting the feeds
* Don't store in a python shelve, but use plain files
* Links now point to launchpad
* Can handle both mboxes and single mails, so it is easy to import the
history of a list
* Don't bork on non-changes mails (happened in the days of warty/hoary
and happens when spam is received)
* Don't hardcode any variables (well, move the hardcoding to a
configuration block at the top)
* Use email.FeedParser for parsing instead of looping over lines
[Followups to sounder at lists.ubuntu.com please]
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/attachments/20060620/c21d3cad/attachment.pgp
More information about the ubuntu-devel