suggested framework for mass installation w/dapper?

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Thu Jun 8 13:53:13 BST 2006

hi stephan,

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:01:21PM +0200, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> FAI is very straight forward for installing masses of machines. You can adjust
> everything and anything. I'm doing this for a project right now, and I'm
> using ubuntu server as fai master.

the main problem i see with this is that i don't have an extra server to
run "ubuntu server" as an FAI host.  so this means that either i'd need
a version of FAI that could support debian/ubuntu (was this what you
meant by "multi distro"?) and be installed on a debian host, or
otherwise a "cd-version" of FAI that i could drop into each client.

	sean