Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Jan Moren jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Mon Jul 31 11:08:28 BST 2006

mån 2006-07-31 klockan 11:52 +0200 skrev Sebastien Bacher:
> Le lundi 31 juillet 2006 à 10:00 +0100, Matthew East a écrit :
>
> > I'll add my use-case to this - I organise my photos by directory too,
> > and gthumb is the only program out of the three (EOG, Gthumb and f-spot)
> > that suits me for this. I think this is likely to be a quite common
> > situation, and if so there might be an argument for waiting for f-spot
> > to deal properly with this use case before including it by default.
>
> Some users probably organize photos by directory because they have no
> software making easy to browse them other way. Usually if you use a
> directory for some event, your holidays, etc, sorting them by timestamp
> as f-spot does make it "just work". Note that you can add a tag to all
> the photos of a directory when you import it

How do you handle picures saved away on DVD:s, that you can't import or
tag (the whole point of saving off to DVD:s is because you don't have
online diskspace to keep it all)?

There are numerous and common use cases where you want to look through
image collections in directories without having to import them into a
specific application first. f-spot wants to manage its images, making it
not very useful for that, while eog and nautilus do not handle leafing
through numerous files well.

--
Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Japan:  090-3622 8920           jan.moren at lucs.lu.se