Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 31 09:10:32 BST 2006

Michiel Sikma wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Adam Conrad wrote:
>
>> Most "normal desktop users" who want notes on their desktop would
>> probably be much better served by the GNOME Sticky Notes applet,
>> which is far less nerdy and cool in nature, but also much simpler
>> to grok (and happens to already be in the default install).
>
> This is a quote of a couple of mails back, but I wanted to say: why
>  always keep "the normal desktop user" in mind as a someone who
> cannot do anything right and would prefer to keep on using the most
> basic applications?

So, using a more straightforward application is "wrong"?  I take some
measure of offense with that statement, given that I tried tomboy, found
it reasonably pointless to me, and I still use the Sticky Notes
applet.   Ironically, obviously, I'm not one of these "normal users",
but from a desktop perspective, I tend to keep it pretty simple.

... Adam