Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Michiel Sikma michiel at thingmajig.org
Mon Jul 31 06:47:45 BST 2006

On Jul 30, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Adam Conrad wrote:

> Most "normal desktop users" who want
> notes on their desktop would probably be much better served by the
> GNOME
> Sticky Notes applet, which is far less nerdy and cool in nature, but
> also much simpler to grok (and happens to already be in the default
> install).

This is a quote of a couple of mails back, but I wanted to say: why
always keep "the normal desktop user" in mind as a someone who cannot
do anything right and would prefer to keep on using the most basic
applications? Surely, they'll never be power users, but it isn't a
bad idea to try and help them become more powerful in the way they
use their operating system. After all, they're not on Windows anymore...

(This does not necessarily pertain to the current discussion.)

Michiel Sikma
michiel at thingmajig.org