Upstream Version Freeze

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at
Fri Jan 20 15:01:05 GMT 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> >The full release schedule may be found at
> >
> How can we get this sort of stuff into debian-devel-announce gently and
> appropriately? So that DD's are aware of our timing?

There's only one way. Forward the information indirectly via Utnubu.
(Or work hard to improve Ubuntu's image within Debian)

I tried the other way with Lucas Nussbaum [1] and it resulted in one of
the biggest flamewar of the recent months (though the flamewar happened only
consequence of my announce).

PS: While I'm subscribed, I don't read this list regularly. Feel free to
CC me.
Raphaël Hertzog