Upstream Version Freeze

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Thu Jan 19 19:41:11 GMT 2006

On 19/01/06 at 10:34 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> >The Upstream Version Freeze for Ubuntu 6.04 (Dapper) begins today,
> >2005-01-19.  This first phase of our progressive freeze means that no new
> >upstream versions of packages should be uploaded without prior approval, and
> >automatic package syncs from Debian will be disabled.
> >
> >Manual syncs from Debian (where they do not involve new upstream releases)
> >may still be requested by the usual means, and exceptions for new upstream
> >versions should be submitted to myself or Colin Watson
> ><cjwatson at ubuntu.com>.
> >
> >The full release schedule may be found at
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperReleaseSchedule
> >

> How can we get this sort of stuff into debian-devel-announce gently and
> appropriately? So that DD's are aware of our timing?

I worked with Raphael Hertzog (buxy) on a mail to d-d-a about UVF last
week, which resulted in the flamewar you might have heard of. d-d-a is
definitely not an option.

There is currently the same discussion on the
utnubu-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org . See
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/utnubu-discuss/2006-January/000437.html

The plan would be to create an utnubu-announce mailing list for debian
developers interested in being informed of Ubuntu development.
Announcements could be sent there will a followup-to either
utnubu-discuss@ or debian-devel at .
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |