Concerns

Evan Hazlett ejhazlett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:51:32 GMT 2006

thanks for the reply.  as for the UCK, i believe (i haven't looked at it for
awhile) it allows customization of languages and software.  With
Reconstructor, you can customize usplash, the cd splash image, gnome, the
user settings, and it gives a full chroot terminal for any and all other
customizations.

i myself have absolutely no problem with people doing what they want with
the program.  my concerns where there are some individuals that are
including all kinds of extra packages (codecs, proprietary, etc.) that could
cause problems with ubuntu upgrades, etc. and are calling it "SOMETHING
Ubuntu".  i was afraid this may cause adverse effects when this version
didn't work properly and then Ubuntu get blamed.

i just wanted to get a feel from the developers, and not to step on any
toes... ;)

thanks for the responses...

evan