Maintainer fields for main/restricted

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Mon Dec 11 22:49:37 GMT 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 01:46:22AM +1100, Adam Conrad wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >
> > Would ubuntu-devel-discuss now be a more appropriate setting for our
> > Maintainer fields?
>
> Hrm, a valid point, I suppose.  I'm happy to change the buildd side of
> binary package mangling, if we reach some sort of consensus on this
> issue, of course.
>
> ubuntu-devel is "the place where core-dev hangs out", which makes it the
> "correct" point of contact for main/restricted packages, but it's
> equally valid, I suppose, to say that we really don't want random people
> sending random problem reports about random packages to this list.
>
> Anyone have strong opinions one way or the other?

Given that ubuntu-devel is apparently going to be moderated, I think it
makes sense to move it to -discuss

It's worth noting this will be "broken" for existing packages, and
perhaps the auto-reply (You've been moderated) could include some
instructions on where to get help on these items (Can you even do that
with mailman?)

Cheers,
Trent