requirements for sync requests (changelogs)

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 8 14:18:06 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 13:48 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:

> Although not mentioned in the wiki, the current rationale to include the
> changelog appears to be a help for QA, in that an archive administrator
> has the chance to compare the changelog entries with the other
> information submitted in the sync request. If only this data is
> compared, then it gives a wrong feeling of security, because just data
> submitted by the sync requester is evaluated. If an archive
> administrator compares the data from the sync request directly with the
> debian data, then the inclusion of the changelog entries is not needed.

The principal use of the changelog is actually that the request can also
serve as a UVF exception request.

As discussed on IRC a couple of weeks ago, I'm happy for the changelog
requirement of the sync procedure to be dropped; provided that the
"description of the changes being overridden" are kept.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott at ubuntu.com