libvirt [Was: Xen for Human Beings]

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 27 12:40:01 BST 2006

<quote who="Hein-Pieter van Braam">

> good plan btw! Have you looked at solaris zones? I think it would be a
> good way to model the xen virtual machines after them.

Daniel Veillard (of libxml2 fame) at Red Hat is doing some interesting work
with libvirt, a C API to interact with virtualisation environments. It could
be a very useful tool to use in a Xen (and others) management system - maybe
even something that could be managed as nicely (if not moreso) as Zones.

- Jeff

--
LinuxWorldExpo: Johannesburg, South Africa  http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.za/

    "Gah. Out of coffee. Shall think whilst auto-caffeinating." - Telsa
                                   Gwynne