mount NFS

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 11:54:32 BST 2006

Hello,

I'm running dapper, I have my /home mounted automatically at boot via
NFS. But _sometimes_ it's not mounted at boot but a simple "mount /home"
works. When /home isn't mounted I get no error message, but simply a
"fail" in the boot message "mounting remote filesystems". I have no
problem with hoary (didn't tried with breezy).

I think the problem is that, in dapper, eth0 is uped in background and
dhcp can sometimes take more time to answer. If the dhcp is slow, it try
to mount the remote filesystem before having network so it fails.

Here is my fstab line to mount /home:
di-net:/home /home nfs
defaults,rsize=2048,wsize=2048,nfsvers=3,hard,intr 0 0

Where can I report this bug on lunchpad ? That's a bug of which
package ?

Xavier Claessens.