ubuntu-desktop depends on bicyclerepair?

Jamie Jones hentai_yagi at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 19 02:05:33 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 11:19 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 11:01, Jamie Jones wrote:

> Jamie, has it occurred to you that Ubuntu devs who use python
> could install a hypothetical ubuntu-desktop-python-devel-wizbang
> package without cluttering the desktops and drives of the 99.9%
> of Ubuntu users who don't need python dev?

Yeah, it did. So what ? I understand the pros and cons very well, but
the devs have made their mind up. Foaming at the mouth screaming "Python
is teh suxorz!!!" isn't going to convince them otherwise. FWIW I'd
rather the non-essential python packages not installed by default.

>    You do seem to be
> inexplicably defensive about Python though, as past posts indicate.

I'd actually like you to cite those past posts, as I'd find them to be a
good read. Alternatively actually get your facts right. Please pick
one.

Regards,
Yagisan
--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209