Gnome panel default configuration

Miguel Cabrera mfcabrera at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 01:53:28 BST 2006

Hiello Everyone

I dont know if this is the apropiate list, i dont know where else to ask. ^_^!

We are working on a customized version of the Ubuntu Install CD. We
want to modify the default panel configuration, I mean, the  positions
of the panels and some icons and applets. But we haven't been able to
locate the sources of the default  configurations.

>From where is reafing Gconf and Gpanel the configuration when a user
enters in Gnome session for the first time?. I had looked at
/etc/gconf/ and  /usr/share/gconf/ but I didn't find information, and
modifying /usr/share/gconf/schemas/panel-default-setup.entries did not
work.

Miguel.

PD. I Know there is way of doing something similar using Sabayon, but
we want this default behaviour just after our Ubuntu version is
installed.  Thank You :).