Firefox right-click disabled

James "Doc" Livingston doclivingston at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:56:25 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 12:38 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I haven't search upstream's BTS for reports of the underlying
> problem.  Really, it would be sufficient if the two competing menus
> could be either combined into one, or if there were a (discoverable)
> way to get the `other' one.

Last time I looked (and commented on the bug) it was a general
flame-fest with heated opinions on all sides.

Web-developers getting pissed off because disabling it breaks their
websites. Users (including myself) getting pissed off because I want the
browser to show functionality that is useful to them, not what some
random web developer wants.

Also, some sites use of a right-click handler can cause nasty
interactions with extensions that do the same - e.g. "gestures"
extensions that use the right mouse button. A certain (.au) government
website which shall remain nameless override right-clicks to pop up a
dialog saying "don't right click"; which interrupts the right-drag the
extension in handling and causes Bad Things.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
You're trying to trick me into being intelligent. It won't work.
    -- dpm in the monastry