AW: Use of the CLI in Ubuntu (Was: ubuntu-desktop & brltty)

Casual Programmer casualprogrammer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 06:14:32 BST 2006

 >>To my mind "ARRGGH" should be reserved for Ubuntu
eats my files or stops
me doing my work (and can only be fixed via the CLI),
not you have to use
the CLI to fine tune the internals of your OS.<<

ARRGGH is actually the only thought that comes to (my)
mind with Ubuntu (
and other "Distributions" ), it cannot "stop me doing
my work" as it never
let me begin doing my work.

What is the benefit of a system that requires you to
subscribe to
"ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com" to get the very basic
information you expect
as a user to be given whenever you hit F1 ?

Instead of getting ahead of what we have achieved
since the invention of the
wheel, we take pride in inventing it over and over
again. The optimum shape
for the wheel has always been a circle and all these
useless discussions
won't change that.

I am not blind, and I hope I never get blinded, but if
I was and I were
indeed in need of a Braille terminal, I would only
find out it doesn't work
anyway, or at least not in any useful way. I am not
deaf though, and the
stuff uttered by the "speaking" software that comes
with br|tty is by no
means intelligible.

At least blind people have the advantage of not having
to read all the
"thoughts" submitted to this "Developers" list...

Casual