no more libc5 support?

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 12 22:13:56 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:24:09PM +0200, Kasper Peeters wrote:
> Is it intentional that the support package "libc5" for binaries linked
> with the old libc5 is no longer part of Dapper? If there is no
> technical obstacle, can it please be added again?

It was removed because it had been removed from Debian:

  http://bugs.debian.org/323139

It'll continue to be available in warty to breezy; considering the
unlikelihood that any bugs in libc5 would be fixed anyway (we have
exactly the same version in warty, hoary, and breezy), I think it's best
to say that the few who need it should install it from breezy.

Cheers,