Fade to black in xscreensaver and Gnome

Paul M Edwards pauledwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 00:08:17 CDT 2005

I agree.
It's rather ridiculous that these effects look like crap on a modern
machine capable of much, much more.

What really would make all of these effects faster and smoother would
be to have XGL, glitz, luminocity and related technologies that allow
today's video accelerators to do the work.

Of course there should be software fallbacks and even the ability to
disable entirely the effects for older machines.
--
Paul M Edwards