The name of Breezy+1

Tiago Pinto thpinto at
Thu Sep 15 18:11:18 CDT 2005

what about kubuntu? I really prefer kde over gnome, so the 'k' in 'kubuntu'
is the top of the cake that ubuntu is among the other distros in linux

will kubuntu be improved for Ubuntu 6.04? (don't get me wrong, but I've
tried breezy with gnome and it's much more integrated and tuned than

my main question is that will kubuntu-developers improve it to the point of
ubuntu 6.04, that will challenge windows vista (according to mark's mail)

all the best (and thanks for the hard work that you all are doing in ubuntu
- it's a really strong distro in (afaik: 3 releases - 1 release every 6
months) 18months )

On 9/15/05, Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at> wrote:
> <quote who="RawMustard">
> > I mean a simple task like CD burning is still a huge chore on
> linux/Gnome
> > compared to windows.
> Actually, these tasks are pretty comparable.
> GNOME: Insert blank CD, a file manager window pops up which you can drag
> files to, drag and drop to your heart's content, click "Write CD". Done.
> Windows: Insert blank CD, go to "Blank CD" drive letter in Explorer, drag
> and drop to your heart's content, click "Write Files to CD". Done.
> :-)
> (And regarding vertical market applications on Linux - don't worry about
> it
> too much. Some will port, others will lose market share, new ones will
> rise.
> That's just how it works.)
> - Jeff
> --
> GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th
> "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
> market." - Liam Quin
> ubuntu-devel at

Tiago Pinto
DEIUC - Departamento de Engenharia Informática da Universidade de Coimbra
thpinto at | tpinto at
Don't be so humble, you're not that good.