The name of Breezy+1

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 15 10:07:23 CDT 2005

<quote who="RawMustard">

> I mean a simple task like CD burning is still a huge chore on linux/Gnome
> compared to windows.

Actually, these tasks are pretty comparable.

GNOME: Insert blank CD, a file manager window pops up which you can drag
files to, drag and drop to your heart's content, click "Write CD". Done.

Windows: Insert blank CD, go to "Blank CD" drive letter in Explorer, drag
and drop to your heart's content, click "Write Files to CD". Done.

:-)

(And regarding vertical market applications on Linux - don't worry about it
too much. Some will port, others will lose market share, new ones will rise.
That's just how it works.)

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th              http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

     "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
                            market." - Liam Quin