Please help Re: Kubuntu, we really need KDE root login

Rod Lovett rodlovett at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 12 22:15:56 CDT 2005

Hi the latest Kubuntu PC AMD 64 install of course does not allow root login.

Further even after editing as root---  */etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc *
to  "allow root login=*true"
* on reboot, it seems some programming has been done to rewrite the file
back to *no root* login allowed.

We really need root login ocassionally, so is there any advice regarding
this problem.
We know to run root login routinely is not a good idea, but it is
necessary sometimes.

"As the  Debian team say, /*if you break it, you get to keep both halves*/"
It  is also in my humble opinion , the users responsibility, and they
must learn the consequences/*
*/
I sure hope you can bring yourselves to help in this matter, despite it
seems holding the opposite philosophy.
Kubuntu is making great progress but for this.
Best
Rod