Colony 4 Report - HP NX5000

mob mobrox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:57:30 CDT 2005

Hi all, i'm actually writing on my new breezy install, here is my report

First, the hardware
- HP NX5000
- Pentium M 1500
- 512Mb RAM
- HD 40Gb
- Intel PRO 2200 B/G
- 64Mb Shared video Intel i810

Now some report:

Spanish - Chile - Latinoamericano

INSTALL
- It didn't recognize mi latinamerican keyboard (laptop) even with
pressings some keys
- it says "Lationamericano" and it has to be "Latinoamericano"
- DHCP configuration didn't work in the installer
- Partition tool actually take a long time to load
- Then when i press Resize /part ... finally i had to reboot after
wait 5 minutes seeing a blue screen (what a memories)

INSTALL (after reboot)
- Keyboard selector is not translated to spanish
- When i try to use "´" in the name of the user, it says <ED> and i
had to go back and configure the user again
- Finally it ask me if i wanted to download new packages from internet
(even i didn't configure any network connection, i said yes just to
seee what happened)

FIRST BOOT (installing packages) [OT: Thanks! for making this part a
little more "graphical"]
- Ubuntu configuration, it isn't translated (and all the text used in
this part of the installation)
- Finished without any problems
- btw, nothing happened with downloading software over internet (why ask?)

FIRST LOGIN
- Mmm i think gnome boot faster (0 problems)

USING
- Why dont make a cute initial screen with the basics? or a guided
flash tutorial, i dont know
- The gksu isn't translated or partially "Please enter your
password..." and then "Contraseña:"
- It take me about 5 seconds to configure the network with dhcp, i
dont know why in the installer the dhcp configuration didn't work :(
- A nice tooltip window appear to say that i have NN updates, but
again, it isn't translated (ubuntu-update is)
- The login window from inactivity or lid close isn't translated
- WOW, great "Disks" Manager configure my windows partition just fine,
but again :(, it isn't translated
- Serpentine isn't translated
- Log out screen... "Hibernate the computer", guess what... isn't translated

FIRST REBOOT (after a long update 07/09/2005 01:00am)
- GDM, so sad, my keyboard it seems not to be configured (weird, i use
it in the first login) [googling]
	Definitly doesnt work in GDM, maybe is was by the update, i'll
reinstall... [01:24am]

REINSTALLING FINISHED [01:59]
Untranslated stuff
- GIMP title on gnome-menu
- Run as different user title on gnome-menu
- smeg menu editor completly
- Ubuntu device database
- Device Manager
- Disks
- Language Selector

Well, i hope to help in some way, i'll like to help in translation
process, maybe in launchpad rosetta?

Greetings!

PD: Sorry for my bad english :P

--