Colony 4 Report

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Tue Sep 6 05:50:01 CDT 2005

Em Seg, 2005-09-05 às 21:32 -0600, Lakin Wecker escreveu:
> Restarted GDM and was given something similar with X, so I killed it
> using CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, and was returned to a now fixed console.
> Started GDM again and voila X was working.   3D acceleration was not
> however.  Not sure if this was the same bug others have reported with
> ati's drivers.

Even when the "module" section is there (thus enabling opengl), the ati
driver doesn't have a good performance for recent boards (i think they
call this r300 or something like that, all those boards after 9250). My
pci-x X300 is even slower than the vesa driver software-only opengl with
yesterday's build, which is quite odd.

--
Alexandre Strube <surak at surak.eti.br>