Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Sun Oct 30 11:34:30 CST 2005

Hi all

The results are in, and I'm very happy to congratulate Matthew Garrett
(mjg59) on his confirmation to a position on the Technical Board.

https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-dev/+poll/tb-nomination-mjg59-2005/

Matthew is the first member of the tech board who is not also a member
of the Canonical team, and I think his perspective will make a great
difference. I would very much like to continue broadening the governance
of Ubuntu beyond Canonical, so I'm really pleased that he agreed to
stand for the position.

Matthew, thanks very much for your contributions to date, and
congratulations!

Mark