Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Sun Oct 30 19:43:36 CST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 05:34:30PM +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The results are in, and I'm very happy to congratulate Matthew Garrett
> (mjg59) on his confirmation to a position on the Technical Board.

Woo! :) Congratulations Matt.

> https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-dev/+poll/tb-nomination-mjg59-2005/
>
> Matthew is the first member of the tech board who is not also a member
> of the Canonical team, and I think his perspective will make a great
> difference. I would very much like to continue broadening the governance
> of Ubuntu beyond Canonical, so I'm really pleased that he agreed to
> stand for the position.

Very cool indeed, I seem to recall Matt mentioning it would be nice to
get the TB, CC, etc in this position. Obviously as part of bootstrapping
the community it had to start out this way, but I'm very happy to see it
progressing otherwise. :)

> Matthew, thanks very much for your contributions to date, and
> congratulations!

Trent

> Mark

Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st>