Brian Puccio brian at brianpuccio.net
Sun Oct 23 23:02:13 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 00:59 +0200, Sivan Green wrote:
> You should add to this the other flavors, Edubuntu and
> Kubuntu. We can say something like:
> "Ubuntu comes in several flavors, which are all based
> around the same core, with different set of packages to suit
> best your usage requirements:"

I think it should say that the packages available to each are the same,
but the packages available on CD and installed by default vary from
flavor to flavor. I know I've spoken with several people who assume that
because Kubuntu and Ubuntu have "different packages" that they are not
compatible and are two separate distributions. They don't realize that
they are the same, just different default packages and you can mix and
match packages from the two of them.

$0.02