Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 26 04:12:47 CST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 02:21:24PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I wasn't able to attend the meeting due to the US Thanksgiving holiday, so
> I'm going to post some comments inline here:
>
> > Nov 24 06:14:42 <Kamion>	cd-bootloader: CD timeout restored. Upgraded to syslinux 3.11. Sent call for gfxboot testing to ubuntu-users.
>
> Is it feasible to switch this on for Flight 2?

I haven't yet attempted to port the gfxboot patch to syslinux 3 so I
can't answer that immediately. It's the top entry in my to-do list, and
I'll look at it first thing on Monday. I agree that switching it on for
Flight 2 is the best way to get lots of testing.

> > Nov 24 06:14:45 <Kamion>	cd-build-process: Single-architecture rebuilds implemented.
>
> Great, how does it work?

Before publishing a daily build, we take a hardlinked copy of the
previous daily build, and then partially overwrite it (being careful to
break hardlinks where necessary) with whatever architectures got built
this time round. (As usual, you use ARCHES='foo bar baz' in the
environment to limit what architectures get built; that part hasn't
changed, it was purely a publishing tweak.)

It does mean that (a) removing an architecture from a build type
requires manual action to go in and remove the images from the
publishing tree, but that's a pretty rare event; (b) we'll have to keep
half an eye on timestamps to make sure images are really building as
opposed to just being carried over from the last time round (I may be
able to detect that automatically if it becomes a problem, though).

> What's the RT ticket for the cdimage changes for Jonathan?

[rt.admin.canonical.com #967]. I had misunderstood our IRC conversation
and had been under the impression that you would file the request, so I
only did so this morning after reading this question.