John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Tue Nov 8 13:25:41 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 13:05 -0500, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> The general idea behind the -server install is that the CD will bring the
> administrator to the bare bone base system and from there install whatever
> he/she wants.
>
> We are not going (in general) to modify d-i or ask extra questions at install
> time or to install any service by default, but clearly make it simpler is still
> an option (like using your meta package suggestion).

Which got me thinking of an interesting alternative. I assume that "bare
bone base system" will default to bash as user interface. So the CLI
cousin of gnome-app-install geared towards these meta packages is
perhaps a nice first stop after install.

It would of course be suggested in the initial motd to start this app.

Regards,
John